What Members Say!
- Membership means help making money!
Canon 580 EX II Flash - Light Pipe Part Number
Problem: May 1, 2015 at 11:04 AM
I dont see it on the parts breakdown. ttl light pipe
Tucson Camera Repair
Solution: May 1, 2015 at 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it's CY2-4235-000 Fiber Wire Assy. Listed on page 3 of the parts manual.
Problem: April 29, 2015 at 1:30PM
Anyone have a door latch for this old film camera? Thanks for looking.
Solution: April 39, 2105 at 2:16PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I have one coming in from Whilton Camera Service.
SPT is the greatest.
Michael Zacks / Zacks Camera Repair
Problem: May 6, 2015 at 6:45AM
Would anyone have a spare new or used motor? I promised my customer I'd be able to get their camera done for them next week, right after I ordered the motors.
Now I've just received a notice from the seller they are out of stock!
If no motor, I need the black plastic pinion gear ( theirs is cracked)
I'll pay what ever, if you have a beat up junker, I'll pull the motor and send the rest of the camera back, I just need the motor.
Thanks for looking!
Solution: May 6, 2015 at 7:40AM
Thanks to everyone that's called me.
I've got one of these coming!
Vinny / LeZot Camera Repair
PocketWizard Parts Source
Problem: April 29, 2015 at 1:10PM
I am looking for a part source for PocketWizard shoe.
I need these shoe for PocketWizard Multimax and PocketWizard Plus III
I hate sending these unit to the distributor only to replace the plastic shoe base.
I didn't see anything on Ebay.
If any one have these parts for sell, I will be to buy a few one.
Solution: April 30, 2015 at 8:36AM
Thank you for all of you who reply: MAC group sell these parts.
I already ordered some from another seller: USCamera.com
Jacques Guyon / Réparation de matériel photographique
Nikon D610 Shutter Blade Substitution
Problem: April 25, 2015 at 1:22PM
does any one knows if there are some compatibility models in shutter blades for the D610?
thanks in advance.
Solution: Apirl 26, 2015 at 7:34AM
- SPT helps business
Our doors would be closed with out you & SPT.
Off Brand Batteries ... April 29, 2015 at 10:15
I've purchased a number of very inexpensive "Canon" branded batteries from eBay. I knew they'd be counterfeit's because the price was so low, but I was shocked at how good a physical copy the Chinese are now knocking out. They were so close in print quality/materials/finish, I had to mark them with a paint pen as counterfeit so I can tell them apart. Yes...these did in fact work in my personal 7D (but are holding about 30% less charge capacity). But many knock-offs don't work...and it's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between the genuine item and the knock-off.
You're likely to see this issue more frequently as customer aren't aware they bought a knock-off, and less scrupulous dealers are selling knock-offs as the genuine article.
I'd suggest buying one genuine Canon battery from a reputable dealer like B&H. I did...and I keep that one on hand just for the reason you pointed out here. If you don't have a "known" genuine Canon battery on hand, you can spend far to long chasing a non existent problem.
John Sedeski / Camera Craftsmen
Question about consignment sales .. April 14, 2015 at 3:14
I have a good customer that has a lot of unused equipment...she's a pro & has many bodies and lenses she no longer uses & wants to get rid of them. She wants me to take them, check them out & give a reasonable cost to sell. Question is: how much should I get to do this. What percentage of the sale should I get??
If you are going to be researching selling prices, doing cleaning or minor repairs like light seals, and selling on eBay (taking pictures, writing up item descriptions, shipping, etc) then you should take 50% of the sales price not including what the buyer pays for shipping. eBay usually takes 10% final value fee INCLUDING shipping (unless you are an eBay stores subscriber then photo gear final value fee is 6%) and PayPal another 3% so take that into consideration (which means you are not really getting 50%, you are getting 37%)
Personally, I never do consignments. I only buy outright because I like it to be a “one and done” deal.
We stopped doing consignment sales, but when we did them we took 40% of the sale price. That didn’t include the cost of any major repairs needed to get the stuff ready for sale.
- SPT SERVICE SOFTWARE - FANTASTIC VALUE - AND COFIDENCE BUILDING
Thanks for the great effort.
Have purchased software today but download is not there. I have found the other software to be the greatest asset to my work and have found many repairs take shorter time as I don’t have to transfer Eproms etc. The time for diagnosis is reduced thanks to the incredible Error codes. I am looking forward to the 2 new programs & wish you all the best for the future. SPT is a great co-operative and one of the few where what you put in is magnified by what is achieved, the confidence it builds & the amount you get out as a result. I have been associated with so many organizations but nothing can ever match the SPT/ CC Associates & your effort.
Alan Robertson / F16 Camera Service
- A Testimonial to SPT
I want to say thank you for SPT.
Never in a million years would I expect to see the boost in confidence I now have of taking on certain repairs that I used to just send out. This service along with the adjustment software you provide has probably increased my income by 10% or more in just the last few months and has completely paid for it's self.
- A Testimonial to SPT
- "Thanks to all that gave me suggestions! I just realized that with this one job I was able to complete, thanks to your help, paid for 1/3 of my SPT dues. GREAT INVESTMENT!!!!!"
- "As you can see via the attachment, I finally obtained access to the library (AKA part # and manual nirvana)!!!! I had a customer with a 20D that had a broken battery cover latch. We had close to insurmountable problems obtaining parts from Canon. I know now that that item is CG2-1379. That fragment of data resulted in $75ish transaction for us."
- "I just wanted to thank all of you for your support and quick responses on all the parts I needed. I needed at least 6 parts to complete 6 repairs and I got a great response and quick service from all of you who participated!!!!!!! I have never had such an easy time of emailing all of you and getting what I needed, sitting at a computer! Thanks again, anyone needing parts, I'll be watching. Thanks Chuck, I agree, SPT is great!"
- "All the people I've introduced and nudged into joining SPT are still in business. Virtually every one of them has hired additional techs in the past year. Seems having access to people who like to share parts resources and a centralized information library has been an underlying factor in this. The bottom line is that when the rules change you can either change with them or be changed. Adaptation has usually proved to be more profitable."
- "So far easy input details look forward to helping others and using all the benefits this group can offer. Tim Glendhill (Melbourne Australia)"
- "New online renewal very nice addition. Your site and services have been great for our store over the last 38 years! Happy 50th anniversary to SPT!! Tempe Camera (Arizona)"
- "Membership is a great asset to all. It keeps us all informed about all things related to the Camera servicing industry. We are not alone but are one of a large caring family. Thanks for all the support, communication & help. Past, present and future Best wishes, Alan Robertson Queensland, Australia"
- "I think all Chuck has done is to save our shop and probably half of the shops in existence. He has also done something I had through was impossible - get technicians around the country and the world to talk to each other and share their secrets willingly. I would encourage everyone to pay their membership as soon as due, and to consider going up one class to keep SPT well-funded. Just ask yourself if it's been worth it!"
And so much more … to view all new Testimonials click the link below