You must have Software EOS 1300D Professional installed and licensed on your PC for Upgrade to work.
This software upgrades Professional into Professional Advanced
Upgrading to Professional Advanced adds the following:
- Print, email and pdf the Advanced Professional Camera FAX Report with your own custom header and footer. All the information from your software is imported (including your seven plugins) into the Camera FAX ... automatically! Add your Business address, contact information and even your business Logo!
Advanced Professional Plugins:
- Reset Camera Settings. Includes Standard Defaults and Regional Defaults. Standard Defaults returns the camera to the original / ‘new out of the box’ settings. Regional Defaults restores languages, video system and date/time display formats to world and regional setting.
- Auto Focus Calibration. Adjust the camera body AF .. AND .. Lens AF to the body for optimized body / lens combinations.
- Temperature. Read the multiple temperature sensors on different boards using a single convenient plugin and avoid time consuming false repairs.
- Service Mode. Power the camera without the back panel or covers, even without the motor drive board. After setting Service Mode, the camera will remain in that mode until changed using the software. The ability to test your camera without cameras is an incredible time saver! You can also Disable the flash charge using our software - preventing accidental fatal damage. Note: You will still need test and discharge any residual charge in the flash capacitor before service.
Preview the Software by ‘clicking’ on our slideshow.
Reset Camera Settings:
- Standard Defaults. Returning the camera to its default ‘just out of the box’ settings can be very useful when replacing the Main PCB or buying and selling the camera. It clears the camera of personal setting and information. One or all of the follow can be reset to default; User and Custom Functions, File System, Date and Time, Language (English), Artist Information and Copyright Information.
- Regional Defaults. This feature will allow you to purchase new Main Boards on the open market from Third Party Vendors. Often Open Source Main Boards limit language and video formats. Regional Defaults allows you set language and video by region; North America, Japan, China and Europe, Rest of the world.
Auto Focus Calibration:
This plugin allows you to do Auto Focus calibration without expensive tools and jigs.
Here is what you need:
- Build a sturdy test bed. See our ‘Help’ files.
- A good quality lens.
- Auto Focus Targets which come with the software
SPT Software can:
- Backup AF Calibration data.
- Create a Test Lens. You can create a number of test lenses - unlimited by number for focal length. Although we recommend a 100mm / 2.8 L, you do have other choices - use our ‘Help’ files.
- Check the camera’s AF Sensors output.
- AF Calibrates the camera body’s Auto Focus Sensors using our automated system.
- You can also manually calibrate individual sensors using Enable Sensors and AF Shift.
- AF MicroAdjust professionally tunes individual lenses to the camera body.
Temperature effects the Image Sensor Distance, the Shutter, the AE Unit, The Flash and the Main PCB. In addition, different parts of the camera heat and cool at different rates all of which as to be accounted for in the camera’s calculations. Cameras do this by using temperature sensors in key locations. When one or more of these sensors fail, the result can be a difficult to diagnose repair, without the aid of software!
The following are just some difficult to pin down symptoms:
- Soft focus on hot days. (CMOS Unit)
- Over/Under exposure, intermittently. (AE Unit or Shutter)
- Dark Images at high speeds, intermittently. (Shutter)
- Incorrect Flash operation (EF Unit)
Who hasn’t been frustrated by the need to completely reassemble the camera before they can test it. Or trying to test it partially disassembled with parts of the camera hanging in precarious positions. How many hours have you wasted over this?
SPT software allows you to put the camera in Service Mode .. and Disable the Flash. This allows you to safely test the camera without covers. Note: You will still need test and discharge any residual charge in the flash capacitor before service.
While in Service Mode, the camera ignores the On/Off and door switches. It will power up with the rear display panel completely removed. It will even power up with other major boards completely removed, even the lower board.
How it works:
- You connect the camera to the software.
- Set the Service Mode and Disable the Flash.
- Quit the software - the camera remains in Service Mode.
- Preform the repair and test the camera before complete reassembly.
- Finish the Assembly.
- Connect the Camera to the software and return to Normal Mode.
Outstanding Help Files!
Just click 'Help' in any function and your Help window automatically opens to that section .. perfect!
We have used many Help files in other softwares only to become frustrated trying to find the right section and then trying to understand the what it means. We give clear directions with help sections linked to their functions. You are also able to access all areas of the help files in any function.
Evolving Error Codes and Free Updates!
All are part of your software package! SPT software starts with all known internal error codes and their possible cause(s). But as the camera repair field links internal error codes to additional causes we add that information to software updates. Free updates also allows your software to addapt to changes in both hardware and firmware.
Lots of horsepower under the hood. Our user interface remains simple and intuitive but there is allot of extra new code under the hood keeping it that way. Among other things, all this extra code insures that you won't need an incredibly expensive interface tool when doing AF adjustments.