Canon EOS 6D Mark II Software Requires Windows 7, 8 or 10 .. Emulations are not supported
Professional Advanced Features
This software consists of the Essential Section and the Plugins
The Essential Section has 6 features
- General Information
- Error Codes
- Camera Data
- Digital Data
- Advanced Camera FAX
There are 7 Advanced Plugins
- Shutter Calibration
- Auto Exposure Calibration
- Main Board Replacement
- Reset Camera Settings
- Auto Focus Calibration
- Service Mode
General Information allows you to:
- Read the Model and Firmware Version.
- Read and Change the Serial Number.
- Read and Change the Shutter and Mirror Counts.
- Read the Total Count.
- Produce the Professional Camera FAX - Before and After Service.
Error Code allows you to:
- Read the LAST 7 Internal Error Codes.
- See the Possible Causes which includes the Lens, and Shot count when the error occurred.
- Clear the Error Codes after service.
Camera and Digital Data allows you to:
- Save the Camera and Digital Data from the original Main PCB.
- Load Camera and Digital data into a new Main PCB.
- Use salvage Main PCBs for the repair.
Advanced Camera FAX allows you to:
Give your customer a Detailed Report:
- Shot Count Record
- Error Record - Before and After Service
- Copyright Information
- Shutter Replacement History
- Mirror Box Replacement History
- AE Unit Temperature
- Registered Lenses matched to the camera
- Internal Temperatures.
- Include your business contact information in the custom Header and Footer.
- Produce a Camera FAX - BEFORE AND AFTER SERVICE!
Advanced FAX adds three additions to Professional:
- Copyright Information
- Registered Lenses matched to the camera
- Internal Temperatures
Shutter Timing allows you to:
- Adjust the Shutter Speed. Required on cameras with shutter speeds above 1/2000. Note: You need a light box for this function.
- Clicking on the ‘Configure Camera’ button automatically sets the camera into the correct AE Mode, ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture and White Balance for shutter speed adjustment. Note: You may also configure these model manually if you prefer.
X Contact Timing allows you to:
- Adjust the flash contact delay.
- Clicking on the ‘Configure Camera’ button automatically sets the camera into the correct mode for X Contact Timing.
- The Current X Timing window displays the current X Timing and allows you to change the settings.
Shot Count allows you to:
- Read and Change the Shutter Count
- Read and Reset the Shutter Replacement History.
- Read the Total Shot Count
Mirror Count allows you to:
- Read and Change the Mirror Count
- Read and Reset the Mirror Replacement History
- Read the Total Mirror Count
Auto Exposure Calibration
Backup allows you to:
AE Temperature allows you to:
- Check AE temperature is correct before attempting adjustment. An important tool for over heating or erratic calibration problems.
Calibration allows you to:
- Adjust the AE light meter system. Note: You need a Light box for this function.
Sensor Output allows you to:
- Read the ‘Live’ output of the AE cells, Layers 1 and 2. Note: You need a Light box for this function.
- Check the alignment of the AE Unit.
- Read the Minimum / Maximum and Average light readings at a glance.
AE Shift allows you to:
- Shift the output of the AE sensors up or down. Note: You need a Light box for this function.
- You can deliberately make the camera ‘Under’ or ‘Over’ expose. This can be a customer preference, it can be needed by a change in focusing screen, or there may be other reasons.
Main Board Replacement
Backup Calibration allows you to:
Initialize Board allows you to:
- Initialization is required when a new Main Board is installed.
- After installing a new Main Board the Firmware must be re-installed before Initialization!
- Initialize the new Main Board. The process is automatic and the screens will walk you through the process. During Initialization, the generic calibration files in the new main Board are deleted and data files from other boards in the camera are loaded into the new board.
Load Calibration allows you to:
- Load the Calibration data into the new Main Board. The screens will walk you though the process.
- Important: Make sure the battery is fully changed. Loosing power or interrupting the Upload process in any way may damage your new Main Board.
Model and Serial allows you to:
- View and change the cameras electronic serial numbers. They are stored on several boards, all should agree with the serial number plate on the outside of the camera.
- View and change the Model Name. This camera is sold under different names, you may need to correct the Model Name after you replace the Main Board.
Defaults and Geographical
Standard Defaults allows you to:
- Return the camera to its default settings either individually or globally. This clears the camera of personal settings and information in one step.
- Defaults are: User and Custom Function, File System, Date and Time, Language (English), Artist Info and Copyright Information.
Regional Defaults allows you to:
- This feature allows you to purchase new Main Boards from anywhere in the world and Reset the Regional Default to your own area.
- When buying Main Boards on the Web you may find that the board is set to a different language and video format. This function allows you to reset language and video to your region; North America, Japan, China and Europe - rest of the world.
Auto Focus Calibration
- Backup: Backup and Restore the camera’s AF Data without effecting other settings.
- Sensor Output: Check the output of individual AF Sensors.
- Camera Body AF Calibration:
- Automatic AF calibration.
- Manual AF Calibration.
- Lens AF Calibration: Matching Lens AF to the camera body.
- Auto Focus Targets are included with the software.
Camera Body Auto Focus Calibration
Automatic AF Calibration
- AF Calibrate is the fastest way to adjust camera body Auto Focus. But first you need to do the following: Create a Test Lens using a Canon 100mm F/2.8 lens and creating Compensation File(s) to offset flaws in the lens. Print your 3D and Flat targets and build the 3D and Flat platforms.
AF targets and platforms.
Manual AF Calibration:
If you do not have the time to setup a AF Calibrate station, you can Manually calibrate body AF by combining two functions; Enable Sensors and AF Shift. You need the 3D Target and Platform with a Canon 100mm F/2.8 lens.
- Enable Sensors + AF Shift. Enable Sensor selects the Line of sensor you adjust. AF Shift is used to adjust the line of AF sensors you selected in Enable Sensors. You can adjust individual AF Sensors, its preferable to simply adjust 'All Sensors' in the group.
- Selects the Line of Sensors you are going to Adjust
- <Example: Enable only H Line sensors f5.6>
- Adjusts the line of sensors you selected in Enable Sensors.
- <Example: All H Line f5.6 sensors are adjusted at the same time>
Lens AF Calibration
(Paring Lens AF to the Body)
Many times a lens which is sharp AF on most bodies … is a little soft on one or two bodies. That Lens must be paired to the camera body. SPT software offers one of the following two methods for pairing lens to body (depending on the model)
- AF MircoAdjust. If your camera offers lens Micro Adjustments in the camera’s menu, our Canon software uses that feature, combines it with our software to adjust Lens AF - to professional standards.
- Lens AF Shit. If your camera does DO NOT offer Mirco Adjustment, just ‘Lens AF Shift’ to pair Lens AF to the Body.
- You can adjust AF for both Prime or Zoom lens.
- Many Zoom lenses also allow separate adjustments in ‘Wide’ and ‘Tele’
- Register up to 20 lenses per body.
- Include the accuracy of the camera’s AF motor in the data.
- Use either a Flat Target or 3D target.
- AF can be optimized for a specific distance and F/stop.
- Live View AF adjustment is also possible.
- Read the temperatures of the EF Unit, Shutter, Memory Card Unit, CMOS Unit, AF Unit and Bottom Board quickly.
- Temperature should be a standard part of your diagnostic checks. Especially, in cases of Over Heating or for calibration problems that are abnormal or Intermittent.
Service Mode allows you to:
- Test your camera while partially disassembled.
- Ignore On/Off door switches.
- Power up the camera without the covers and rear display panel.
- Power up the camera even with some major boards removed, including the lower board.
Great Help Files
Can’t remember everything, don’t worry. Each page is linked to its section of the Help Files .. no hunting!
Software Replacement / Error Codes / Updates!
If you loose your Software Zip package .. we’ll replace it free … no Problem. We evolve Error Code section, your software will let you know that an update is available. When we make a software update, minor or major, the update is FREE!
Lots of horsepower under the hood with a common sense interface.