Canon EOS 5D MK II Software Requires Windows XP, XP Pro, 7, 8 or 10
Emulations are not supported.
- Print, email and pdf the Advanced Camera FAX.
- Read and change the camera's electronic serial number.
- Read and change the camera's Shutter count. Please Read: Understanding the Canon 5D MK II Internal Shutter Count
- Read and change the camera's Mirror count.
- Read and change the camera's Total count.
- Read and clear the camera's internal error codes. PLUS the last 7 Error Codes
- Identify the Lens on the camera when the error occurred!
- Download, save and upload the camera's Adjustment data file.
- Download, save and upload the camera's digital image data file.
- Auto Focus Calibration: Body and Lens optimized to Body
- Shutter Calibration: Shutter Speed Adjustment, X Contact Timing, Shutter and Mirror Box Count and Replacement History.
- Auto Exposure Calibration: Calibrate the AE Cells, Read and Adjust the AE Temperature, adjust Auto Exposure and Light meter reading.
- Main Board Replacement: Imports data from other boards to into the new Main PCB in order to initialize the new board.
Preview the Software by ‘clicking’ on our slideshow
Auto Focus Calibration:
This plugin allows you to do Auto Focus calibration without those expensive tools and jigs which can cost many 10’s of thousands of dollars.
Here is what you need:
- Build a sturdy test bed. See our ‘Help’ files.
- A good quality lens.
- Auto Focus Targets which are provide with the software
SPT Software can:
- Calibrate a lens and build a compensation data file to create a test lens. You can create a number of test lenses - unlimited by number for focal length. Although we recommend a 100mm / 2.8, we do offer other choices - use our ‘Help’ files.
- Check the camera’s AF Sensors output.
- AF Calibrate the camera body’s Auto Focus Sensors using our automated system.
- You may also manually calibrate individual sensors using Enable Sensors and AF Shift.
- AF MicroAdjust professionally tunes individual lenses to the camera body.
Shutter Adjustment is A MUST DO when replacing the shutter on this model. You do this using our software, a light box and the camera’s histogram.
You can also adjust the X contact Timing, Shot (shutter) Count, Mirror Count and Total Shot Count. In addition you can see both Shutter and Mirror Box replacement history; last 3 changes as well as the Count and the Date when they were Replaced.
Please Read: Understanding the Canon 5D MK II Internal Shutter Count
Auto Exposure Calibration:
Our software allows you to backup AE data separately which is a great feature if you make a mistake or wish to return to the starting point. Troubleshoot quickly by letting you check / adjust the AE Temperature as well as see the output of each AE cell in real time. You can quickly calibrate the AE cells using your light box and our Calibration function. You are also able to adjust the light meter reading and auto exposures using AE Shift
Main Board Replacement:
Replacing the Main Board requires initialization! During this process, information from the rest of the camera is imported into the new Main PCB … required on this model
Outstanding Help Files!
Just click 'Help' in any function and your Help window automatically opens to that section .. perfect!
We have used many Help files in other softwares only to become frustrated trying to find the right section and then trying to understand the what it means. We give clear directions with help sections linked to their functions. You are also able to access all areas of the help files in any function.
Evolving Error Codes and Free Updates!
All are part of your software package! SPT software starts with all known internal error codes and their possible cause(s). But as the camera repair field links internal error codes to additional causes we add that information to software updates. Free updates also allows your software to adapt to changes in both hardware and firmware.
Simple to use but with lots of horsepower under the hood. Our user interface remains simple and intuitive but there is allot of extra new code under the hood keeping it that way. Among other things, all this extra code insures that you won't need an incredibly expensive interface tools when doing adjustments.