Understanding Release Counts
Shutter / Mirror / Total Counts
Cameras have three important counts:
- Shutter Count: This is the total number of times the shutter has been released.
- Mirror Count: This is the total number of times the mirror has been released.
- Total Count also known as the Release Count: It is the sum of the Shutter Count and Mirror Count, including all past shutter and mirror replacements.
- The Shutter and Mirror Counts can be Reset.
- The Total Release count CANNOT be reset!
This is the Shutter Count
It should be Reset when you replace the Shutter
This is the Mirror Count
It should be Reset when replacing the Mirror
This is the Total Release Count
The Release Count CANNOT be changed or reset!
The Total Release Count is displayed on the Camera's LCD.
It acts as the camera's mileage indicator, representing the total number of releases
including all past shutter and mirror replacements..