Point & Shoot Autofocus
How Rangefinder Work
P/S AF Lens Mounts
Autofocus & Flash
Common AF Malfunctions
Testing and Adjusting AF SLR Camerasv I3A/ISO Resolution Chart
Testing Digital Focus
Aligning the Camera with the Focus Plane
Fuji Test Station
Check for a Flat Plane of Focus
Check the Degree of Focus / Focus Shift
Checking the Mirror and Sub Mirror
Checking Image Sensor Resolution
Measuring Lens Flange Focal Distance
Lens Flange Distance / Canon 1Ds Mark II
Autofocus Lens Odds and Ends
Adjusting Digital SLR Autofocus Using Software
The Test Lens
Optimum Manual Focus
Calibration of the Body
Macro Test Lens Notes
Lens AF Shift
:This lesson teaches various auto-focus methods used by cameras. The primary focus, pun intended, is AF CCDs used in film and digital cameras. Autofocus systems used by digital camera are basically an improved version of the same CCD technology used by film SLRs. Mostly the improvements are technological and have not changed our repair and adjustment procedure significantly.
When you complete this lesson you should be able to troubleshoot and service Autofocus problems on most cameras. You will also be required to perform addition lab exercises on SLR cameras provided in latter lessons.
Hands On Lab
The AF system from a D SLR Camera,.
- The DVD is sent by download. These files are typically 1.5 gb and take 30 minutes or longer to download. The DVD can be mailed separately but there is a Shipping and Handling cost, the exact cost is determined by location and shipping method.
- The Lab Module is not included with the 45% Paperless Discount.
- Tip: If you buy an older D SLR you can use it for this and other lessons. It is a cheap easy way to go and you can resell it after you are done. Using the 45% Discount and a used D SLR really knocks down the cost! Free offer: Match your model to one of our Troubleshooting Guides and we will send you the Guide FREE!
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-624-9621 if you need more details.
- Typical Time Required: 12 hours
Updated May 2011