Glass and Coatings
Focal Length and Maximum Aperture
Servicing Autofocus Lens
Disassembly / Reassembly
Lens ROM Compatibility
AF Defocus Compensation
: This is primarily a hands on lab lesson. This lesson will give you experience in disassembling, repairing and reassembling a lens. As in other lab lessons you will be required to apply many of the skills you gained in earlier lessons. When you complete this lesson you should have confidence in your ability to disassemble and reassemble any lens.
The lens selected for this lab is more difficult to disassemble and reassemble then most designs. There is a reason for this. Typically when repairing lens, technicians have only a minimal amount of information, usually the manual is little more then a parts list. Technicians working on lens have to rely heavily on the experience and ingenuity.
Hands On Lab
Disassemble a Manual Focus Lens
Disassemble an Autofocus Lens, optional
AF/EF Lens (made for Canon Inc.)
- The DVD is sent by download. These files are typically 1.5 gb and take 30 minutes or longer to download. The DVD can be mailed separately but there is a Shipping and Handling cost, the exact cost is determined by location and shipping method.
- The Lab Lens is not included with the 45% Paperless Discount.
- The Lab Lens is available for purchase ($150.00) or loan with a return security deposit to your credit card!.
- Tip: If you buy an older Canon 50mm Manual Focus and a Canon 50mm Auto Focus lens, you can use them for this lesson. It is a cheap easy way to go and you can resell them after you are done. Using the 45% Discount and used Lenses really knocks down the cost! The DVDs in this lesson will give you a step by step procedure with your lenses.
- Contact us at: email@example.com or 800-624-9621 if you need more details.
- Typical Time Required: 20 hours