Battery Types and Applications
Mercury Battery Substitution
Testing Lithium Ion Batteries
Problems from the Bench
Battery Check Circuits
Applying What You Have Learned to Digital Cameras
Troubleshooting Power Circuit Problems
Test the Battery First
Camera will not Turn Off
Camera will go into Pre-Release
Troubleshooting Battery Drain
DC/DC Converter Troubleshooting
DC Power Supplies
How they work
Using Power Supplies
: This lesson starts with batteries, a quick progression from single cell to Lithium Ion. We explain the proper way to test batteries and the evolution of power circuits from simple On / Off switches to DC/DC Converters. Our emphasis is on explanation and troubleshooting. In digital cameras, power circuit repair is all about DC/DC Converters, fuses and batteries and thatâ€™s where we take you. Our latest updates include some very difficult to define power problems happening to digital cameras today, information directly from the bench. When you complete this lesson you should understand how to test batteries, troubleshoot power problems and have an understanding of current digital camera problems.
The lab for this lesson involves measuring and testing a DC/DC Converter in a film SLR. Testing a DC/DC Converter in a film camera allows you to do more tests and measurements then a digital model would. Troubleshooting power problems in digital cameras revolves around fuses and deductive troubleshooting. Deductive troubleshooting relies heavily on applying experience gained from working on earlier power circuits. That is what this lab attempts to give you.
Hands On Lab
SLR Camera, test a DC/DC power circuit
Electronic Camera Systems
- The DVD is sent by download. These files are typically 1.5 gb and take 30 minutes or longer to download. The DVD can be mailed separately but there is a Shipping and Handling cost, the exact cost is determined by location and shipping method.
- The Lab Module is not included with the 45% Paperless Discount.
- Tip: If you buy an older D SLR you can use it for this and other lessons. It is a cheap easy way to go and you can resell it after you are done. Using the 45% Discount and a used D SLR really knocks down the cost! Free offer: Match your model to one of our Troubleshooting Guides and we will send you the Guide FREE!
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-624-9621 if you need more details.
- Typical Time Required: 9 hours