Film Wind Cycle
Film Transport Interlocks
Motor Control and Electronic Switches
Electronic Exposure Counters
CAS Frame Count
Transport Motor Drive Examples
Troubleshooting Film Transport
Digital Image Storage
Memory Card Problems
Digital SLR Charge Systems
Reveiw of Digital Release Cycle
The Digital Charge Cycle
Troubleshooting Digital SLR Charge Systems
: At first glance film transport does not seem related to digital cameras. But the motor drive and shutter charge systems developed for film transport have been incorporated into Digital SLR cameras. This lesson teaches you about motor circuits, logic, feedback and troubleshooting. When you understand those you will understand 90% of the mirror and shutter charge systems used by Digital SLRs. There are differences, and improvements but we also teach that 10% as well. Understanding past technologies makes learning current technologies a breeze, they are stepping-stones. Learning film transport is your bonus, we still repair and refurbish film SLRs that may become part of a nitch business for you.
When you complete this lesson you should understand and be able to troubleshoot motor drive systems. You should also have an understanding of digital image storage systems and be able to troubleshoot them.
Hands On Lab
: D SLR Image Storage and Charge Modules
: DVD or CD
- The DVD (or CD) is sent by download. These files are typically 1.5 gb and take 30 minutes or longer to download. The DVD can be mailed separately but there is a Shipping and Handling cost, the exact cost is determined by location and shipping method.
- The Lab Image Storage and Charge Modules are not included with the 45% Paperless Discount.
- Tip: If you buy an older D SLR you can use it for this and other lessons. It is a cheap easy way to go and you can resell it after you are done. Using the 45% Discount and a used D SLR really knocks down the cost! Free offer: Match your model to one of our Troubleshooting Guides and we will send you the Guide FREE!
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-624-9621 if you need more details.
- Typical Time Required: 15 hours