Hands On Experience
Disassembly / Reassembly
Using Repair Information
: This is a hands on lab lesson. A common problem with Digital Point and Shoot cameras is Zoom Lens failure due to impact or gear failure. Field repairs usually involve repairing the Zoom Lens when possible, success runs about 80%. However, Zoom Lens breakdowns seldom are part of any repair manual. Technicians must relay on earlier experience with film P/S Zoom tubes, which are slightly larger versions of the same designs. This lesson will help you gain experience in disassembly and reassembly of a P/S Zoom Tube.
When you complete this lesson you should have some experience in disassembling, reassembling and repairing P/S Zoom Lens. You should also be able to apply this training to Digital Point and Shoot cameras.
This lesson is the precursor to working on digital Point and Shoot cameras.
Hands On Lab
Lens Shutter Camera, zoom tube disassembly
(Digital / film P/S relationship)
DVD, CD, or Service Manual
- The DVD (or CD) is sent by download. These files are typically 1.5 gb and take 30 minutes or longer to download. The DVD can be mailed separately but there is a Shipping and Handling cost, the exact cost is determined by location and shipping method.
- The Lab Module is not included with the 45% Paperless Discount.
- Tip: You can get a older film or digital Point and Shoot Zoom camera cheap or free. Using the 45% Discount and a used camera really knocks down the cost! Free offer: Match your model to one of our Troubleshooting Guides and we will send you the Guide FREE!
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-624-9621 if you need more details.
- Typical Time Required: 20 hours