Canon EOS 80D Software Requires Windows 7, 8 or 10 .. Emulations are not supported
Professional Advanced Features
This software consists of the Essential Section and the Plugins
The Essential Section has 6 features
- General Information
- Error Codes
- Camera Data
- Digital Data
- Advanced Camera FAX
There are 7 Advanced Plugins
- Shutter Calibration
- Auto Exposure Calibration
- Main Board Replacement
- Reset Defaults
- Auto Focus Calibration
- Service Mode
General Information allows you to:
- Read the Model and Firmware Version.
- Read and Change the Serial Number.
- Read and Change the Shutter and Mirror Counts.
- Read the Total Count. * The Total Count can be changed using the Shutter Calibration Plugin.
- Produce the Professional Camera FAX - Before and After Service.
Error Code allows you to:
- Read the LAST 7 Internal Error Codes.
- See the Possible Causes which includes the Lens, and Shot count when the error occurred.
- Clear the Error Codes after service.
Camera and Digital Data allows you to:
- Save the Camera and AF MircoAdjust Data from the original Main PCB.
- Save the Digital Data from the original Main PCB.
- Load Camera, AF MircoAdjust and Digital data into a new Main PCB.
- Use salvage Main PCBs for the repair.
Advanced Camera FAX allows you to:
Give your customer a Detailed Report:
- Shot Count Record
- Error Record - Before and After Service
- Copyright Information
- Shutter Replacement History
- Mirror Box Replacement History
- AE Unit Temperature
- Registered Lenses matched to the camera
- Internal Temperatures
- Include your business contact information in the custom Header and Footer.
- Produce a Advanced Camera FAX - BEFORE AND AFTER SERVICE!
Shutter Timing allows you to:
- Adjust the Shutter Speed. Required on cameras with shutter speeds above 1/2000. Note: You need a light box for this function.
- Clicking on the ‘Configure Camera’ button automatically sets the camera into the correct AE Mode, ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture and White Balance for shutter speed adjustment. Note: You may also configure these model manually if you prefer.
- View and adjust Current Shutter Timing.
X Contact Timing allows you to:
- Adjust the flash contact delay.
- Clicking on the ‘Configure Camera’ button automatically sets the camera into the correct mode for X Contact Timing.
- The Current X Timing window displays the current X Timing and allows you to change the settings.
Shot Count allows you to:
- Read and Change the Shutter Count
- Read and Reset the Shutter Replacement History.
- Read and Change the Total Count.
Mirror Count allows you to:
- Read and Change the Mirror Count
- Read and Reset the Mirror Replacement History
Auto Exposure Calibration
Backup allows you to:
Calibration allows you to:
- Adjust the AE light meter system. Note: You need a Light box for this function.
Sensor Output allows you to:
- Read the ‘Live’ output of the AE cells. Note: You need a Light box for this function.
- Check the alignment of the AE Unit.
- Read the Minimum / Maximum and Average light readings at a glance.
AE Shift allows you to:
- Shift the output of the AE sensors up or down. Note: You need a Light box for this function.
- You can deliberately make the camera ‘Under’ or ‘Over’ expose. This can be a customer preference, it can be needed by a change in focusing screen, or there may be other reasons.
Main Board Replacement
Backup Calibration allows you to:
Initialize Board allows you to:
- Initialization is required when a new Main Board is installed.
- After installing a new Main Board the Firmware must be re-installed before Initialization!
- Initialize the new Main Board. The process is automatic and the screens will walk you through the process. During Initialization, the generic calibration files in the new main Board are deleted and data files from other boards in the camera are loaded into the new board.
Load Calibration allows you to:
- Load the Calibration data into the new Main Board. The screens will walk you though the process.
- Important: Make sure the battery is fully changed. Loosing power or interrupting the Upload process in any way may damage your new Main Board.
Model and Serial allows you to:
- View and change the cameras electronic serial numbers. They are stored on several boards, all should agree with the serial number plate on the outside of the camera.
- View and change the Model Name. This camera is sold under different names, you may need to correct the Model Name after you replace the Main Board.
Standard Defaults allows you to:
- Return the camera to its default settings either individually or globally. This clears the camera of personal settings and information in one step.
- Defaults are: User and Custom Function, File System, Date and Time, Language (English), Artist Info and Copyright Information.
Regional Defaults allows you to:
- This feature allows you to purchase new Main Boards from anywhere in the world and Reset the Regional Default to your own area.
- When buying Main Boards on the Web you may find that the board is set to a different language and video format. This function allows you to reset language and video to your region; North America, Japan, China and Europe - rest of the world.
Auto Focus Calibration
Backup allows you to:
- Backup / Restore the camera body AF Shift Data before making adjustments.
- Backup / Restore AF Shift data for lenses that have been matched to the camera body before making adjustments.
Calibrate Test Lens allows you to:
Sensor Output Page allows you to:
- Check the output of each AF Sensor, Groups 1 through 4.
AF Calibrate allows you to:
Enable Sensors allows you to:
- Use AF Shift to make Auto Focus adjustments.
- Manually select the AF sensor type used in AF Shift.
- Enable Sensors is used together with AF Shift.
- There are several types of sensors in each AF position. In normal operation the camera selects the type of sensor which best fits the subject. But if you manually adjust AF with AF Shift you must restrict the sensor group by type. If you don’t, you can easily end up adjusting the wrong sensor.
AF Shift (Camera Body) allows you to:
- Use AF Shift when you want to Manually Shift the AF focus forwards or backwards at the request of the user. As an example: The camera has been converted to Infrared / IR.
- Use AF Shift if you prefer to to carry out AF calibration Manually.
- We provide ’Calculate Shift’ to help you find the Adjust Shift value.
Although you can adjust AF Shift using either ‘Individual Sensors’ or ‘All Sensors’. We strongly suggest you use ‘All Sensors’ for AF Shift adjustment. The large number of AF sensors makes ’Individual Sensor’ selection impractical.
- This is automated process for finding the best AF Marco Adjust for any registered lens.
- Uses a single flat chart to measure the phase difference for perfect focus on the 3D Chart or LiveView.
- Includes the accuracy of the AF motor in the camera’s AF calculations.
- Is faster, much more accurate and a more reliable process than existing methods.
Other Training Aids:
- Read the temperatures of the EF Unit, IF-Main FPC, CMOS Unit, AF Unit quickly.
- Temperature should be a standard part of your diagnostic checks. Especially, in cases of Over Heating or for calibration problems that are abnormal or Intermittent.
Service Mode allows you to:
- Test your camera while partially disassembled.
- Ignore On/Off door switches.
- Power up the camera without the covers and rear display panel.
- Power up the camera even with some major boards removed, including the lower board.
Flash Charge Disable allows you to:
- Disable / Enable Flash Charge. Important: You will still need to discharge the Flash Capacitor if it is already charged. You must Enable Flash Charge after service.
Great Help Files
Can’t remember everything, don’t worry. Each page is linked to its section of the Help Files .. no hunting!
Software Replacement / Error Codes / Updates!
If you loose your Software Zip package .. we’ll replace it free … no Problem. We evolve Error Code section, your software will let you know that an update is available. When we make a software update, minor or major, the update is FREE!
Lots of horsepower under the hood with a common sense interface