Canon EOS 7D Mark 2 Software Requires Windows 7, 8 or 10 .. Emulations are not supported
Professional Advanced Features:
- Print, email and pdf the Professional Camera FAX Report with your own custom header and footer. All the information from your software is imported (including your three plugins) into the Camera FAX ... automatically! Add your Business address, contact information and even your business Logo!
- Read and change the camera's electronic serial number.
- Read and change the camera's shutter and mirror counts. Note: The Total Count can only be changed using the Shutter Calibration Plugin included in this Advanced software.
- Read and clear the LAST 7 Internal Error Codes. Includes the Lens on the camera and shot count when the error occurred!
- Download, save and upload the Camera Data files.
- Download, save and upload the camera's Digital image data.
Professional Advanced Plugins:
- Shutter Calibration. Includes Shutter Timing / Speed Adjustment, X Contact Timing, Shot Count with the Shutter Replacement History, Mirror Count with the Mirror Replacement History.
- Auto Exposure Calibration / Light meter. Includes AE Calibration Data Backup and Restore, AE Calibration, Sensor Output and AE Shift.
- Main Board Replacement. Includes Backup Calibration, Initialize Board function, Load Calibration, Model and Serial number.
- Reset Camera Settings. Includes Standard Defaults and Regional Defaults. Standard Defaults returns the camera to the original / ‘new out of the box’ settings. Regional Defaults automatically restores languages, video system and date/time display formats to world and regional setting.
- Auto Focus Calibration. Backup and Restore Af Shift Data, Calibrate a Test Lens, AF Calibrate to automatically adjust Camera Body Auto Focus. It also includes Enable Sensors and AF Shift to manually adjust Camera Body Auto Focus including both All Sensors and Individual Sensors. And AF MacroAdjust professionally adjusts a Lenses Auto Focus to the camera body.
- Temperature. Read the temperature sensors on the EF Unit, Shutter, Memory Card Unit and the AF Unit using a single convenient plugin to avoid time consuming troubleshooting.
- Service Mode. Power the camera without the back panel or covers, even without the motor drive board. After setting the camera it will remain in service mode until changed. The ability to test your camera without covers is an incredible time saver!
Preview the Software by ‘clicking’ on our slideshow.
- Shutter Timing lets you adjust the shutter speed. This is required on all cameras with shutter speeds of 1/2000 and higher. Clicking on ‘Configure Camera’ automatically sets the camera into the correct AE Mode, ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture and White Balance for shutter speed adjustment. You can also configure these modes manually if you prefer.
- Contact Timing lets you adjust the flash delay. Clicking ‘Configure Camera’ automatically sets the camera into the correct mode for X Delay Timing.
- Shot Count lets you view and change the Shutter Count and the last 3 Shutter replacement Histories. Clicking ‘Reset’ Shutter Replacement History changes the Total Count.
- Mirror Count lets you view and change the Mirror Count and view the last 2 Mirror replacement Histories. Clicking ‘Reset’ Mirror Replacement History will change the Total Count.
- Total Count can be adjusted by clicking ‘Reset’ in the Shutter and / or Mirror Replacement Histories.
Auto Exposure Calibration Plugin.
- Calibration adjusts the cameras light meter which effects all automatic exposure modes.
- Sensor Output shows the sensor output of each AE cell. You can check alignment and faulty cells. This feature also shows Minimum, Maximum and Average reading.
- AE Shift shifts adjusts Exposure and Light Meter.
Main Board Replacement Plugin.
During Initialization data files from other boards in the camera are imported into the new Main PCB … Initialization is required on this model After installing the new Main PCB, the Firmware MUST be re-installed before Initialization!
- Backup allows you to backup and restore the camera and digital image files in one easy step. Whenever possible it is highly desirable to backup the calibration files from the original Main PCB and then import them into the New Main PCB.
- Initialize Board is the heart of this plugin. IMPORTANT: Before initializing your new board, install the new Main PCB and update the firmware ‘even’ if the existing firmware is the same! During the initialization process, data is imported from other boards in the camera into the new Main PCB.
- Load Calibration function loads the saved data files into the new Main PCB in one easy step.
- Model and Serial allows you to check the cameras electronic serial number which stored in several boards. It also allows you to change the electronic serial numbers to match the cameras physical serial number if necessary. In addition, this function allows you to set the correct model name if necessary.
Reset Camera Settings Plugin:
- Standard Defaults. Returning the camera to its default ‘just out of the box’ settings can be very useful when replacing the Main PCB or buying and selling the camera. It clears the camera of personal setting and information. One or all of the follow can be reset to default; User and Custom Functions, File System, Date and Time, Language (English), Artist Information and Copyright Information.
- Regional Defaults. This feature will allow you to purchase new Main Boards on the open market from Third Party Vendors. Often Open Source Main Boards limit language selection and video formats. Regional Defaults allows you set language and video by region; North America, Japan, China and Europe, Rest of the world.
Auto Focus Calibration Plugin: This plugin allows you to do Auto Focus calibration without expensive tools and jigs.
Here is what you need:
- Build a sturdy test bed. See our ‘Help’ files.
- A good quality 100mm / F2 lens.
- Auto Focus Targets which are part of the software package and made specifically for this model.
AF Plugin Features:
- Backup AF Calibration data.
- Calibrate Test Lens. You can create a number of test lenses - unlimited by number for focal length. We recommend a good 100mm F/2 but you can make other choices
- Sensor Output. Checks all the cameras AF Sensor Outputs.
- AF Calibrate adjusts the camera body’s Auto Focus Sensors using our automated system.
- Enable Sensors and AF Shift. Combining these two features allows you to manually adjust All AF Sensors or Individual AF Sensors.
- AF MicroAdjust professionally adjusts a Lenses Auto Focus to the camera body.
Temperature effects the Image Sensor Distance, the Shutter, the AE Unit, The Flash and the Main PCB. In addition, different parts of the camera heat and cool at different rates all of which as to be accounted for in the camera’s calculations. Cameras do this by using temperature sensors in key locations. When one or more of these sensors fail, the result can be a difficult to diagnose repair, without the aid of software!
The following are just some difficult to pin down symptoms:
- Soft focus on hot days. (CMOS Unit)
- Over/Under exposure, intermittently. (AE Unit or Shutter)
- Dark Images at high speeds, intermittently. (Shutter)
- Incorrect Flash operation (EF Unit)
This Plugin reads the temperature sensors on the EF Unit, CMOS Unit, AF Unit, Main Board, Bottom Board and the Back Cover using a single convenient plugin and avoid time consuming troubleshooting.
Who hasn’t been frustrated by the need to completely reassemble the camera before they can test it. Or trying to test it partially disassembled with parts of the camera hanging in precarious positions. How many hours have you wasted over this?
SPT software allows you to put the camera in Service Mode so you to safely test the camera without covers.
While in Service Mode, the camera ignores the On/Off and door switches. It will power up with the rear display panel completely removed. It will even power up with other major boards completely removed, even the lower board.
How it works:
1. You connect the camera to the software.
2. Set the Service Mode and Disable the Flash.
3. Quit the software - the camera remains in Service Mode.
4. Preform the repair and test the camera before complete reassembly.
5. Finish the Assembly.
6. Connect the Camera to the software and return to Normal Mode.
Outstanding Help Files!
Just click 'Help' in any function and your Help window automatically opens to that section .. perfect!
We have used many Help files in other softwares only to become frustrated trying to find the right section and then trying to understand the what it means. We give clear directions with help sections linked to their functions. You are also able to access all areas of the help files in any function.
Evolving Error Codes and Free Updates!
All are part of your software package! SPT software starts with all known internal error codes and their possible cause(s). But as the camera repair field links internal error codes to additional causes we add that information to software updates. Free updates also allows your software to adapt to changes in both hardware and firmware.
Lots of horsepower under the hood with our simple user interface.