You must have Software 100D Professional installed and licensed on your PC for Upgrade to work
This software upgrades Professional into Professional Advanced
- If you are a 1st time buyer: Purchase (free) the Demo Software first or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Upgrading Professional adds the following 4 plugins:
- Professional Advanced FAX imports the information from its Advanced Plugins to complete the Camera FAX report.
- Reset Camera Settings. 'NEW Plugin' A great Plugin which resets your camera default setting .. Including Language to English. You now have the ability to quickly and easily restore the camera to ‘just out of the box’ for your customers.
- Auto Focus Calibration - Body and Lens to body (optimized body to lens combinations).
- Temperature - Read the multiple temperature sensors in the camera and avoid time consuming repairs.
- Service Mode - Power up the camera without the back panel or covers, even without the motor drive board. After setting to Service Mode, you can quit the software and remain in Service Mode. The ability to test you camera without a covers is an incredable time saver! You can also Disable the flash from the software.
Preview the Software by ‘clicking’ on our slideshow.
Reset Camera Settings: NEW Plugin
The following can now be reset to the camera’s default settings: User and Custom Functions, File System, Date and Time, Language to English (other languages can then be selected using the camera menu), Artist Info, Copyright Info. The camera is reset to ‘just out of the box’ settings.
In many circumstances (such as some Main PCB replacements or when customers want to eliminate their personal information and water marks before selling their camera) this feature can be especially handy.
Auto Focus Calibration:
This plugin allows you to do Auto Focus calibration without those expensive tools and jigs which can cost many 10’s of thousands of dollars.
Here is what you need:
- Build a sturdy test bed. See our ‘Help’ files.
- A good quality lens.
- Auto Focus Targets which come with the software
SPT Software can:
- Calibrate a lens and build a compensation data file to create a test lens. You can create a number of test lenses - unlimited by number for focal length. We recommend a 100mm / 2.8, there are other options in our ‘Help’ files.
- Check the camera’s AF Sensors output.
- AF Calibrate the camera body’s Auto Focus Sensors using our automated system.
- You may also manually calibrate individual sensors using Enable Sensors and AF Shift.
- AF MicroAdjust professionally tunes individual lenses to the camera body.
We all know that temperature effects electronics but we don’t necessarily think about it terms of cameras. But temperature does effect the Image Sensor Distance, the Shutter, the AE Unit, The Flash and the Main PCB. In addition, different parts of the camera heat and cool at different rates all of which as to be accounted for in the camera’s calculations. Cameras do this by using temperature sensors in key locations. When one or more temperature sensor fails the result can be a difficult to diagnose repair. That is difficult, without the aid of software!
The following are just some difficult to pin down symptoms:
- Soft focus on hot days. (CMOS Unit)
- Over/Under exposure, intermittently. (AE Unit or Shutter)
- Dark Images at high speeds, intermittently. (Shutter)
- Incorrect Flash operation (EF Unit)
Who hasn’t been frustrated by the need to completely reassemble the camera before they can test it. Or trying to test it partially disassembled with parts of the camera hanging in precarious positions. How many hours have you wasted over this?
SPT software allows you to put the camera in Service Mode … and disable the Flash. This allows you to safely test the camera without covers.
While in Service Mode, the camera ignores the On/Off and door switches. It will power up with the rear display panel completely removed. It will even power up with other major boards completely removed, even the lower board.
How it works:
- You connect the camera to the software.
- Set the Service Mode and Disable the Flash.
- Quit the software - the camera remains in Service Mode.
- Shell the camera and discharge the Flash.
- Preform the repair and test the camera before complete reassembly.
- Finish the Assembly.
- Connect the Camera to the software and return to Normal Mode.